The Community Use of Schools program through the Ministry of Education has been established, to reduce the rates charged for youth and not-for-profit adult programs. Effective September 1, 2006 and for the duration of the program, the charges for use of board property will be as indicated below.
View the Ministry of Education price list for rentals under the Community Use of Schools initiative while the Ministry program is in place.
If the Ministry program ends, the WRDSB price list will be in effect.
All requests are subject to $39.55 ($35 + HST) non-refundable permit fee.
Room rental charges are based on your group’s activity and the space you wish to book. Please check the category list below to see which category applies to your group.
Most schools have custodial coverage Monday to Friday. If staff is not regularly scheduled or you wish to book a weekend date, custodial charges will apply.
Rental Charge Categories
There are 4 types of permits and rental rates:
- All not-for-profit programs where the activities are intended for participants under the age of 18 (or under the age of 28 for participants with a disability)
- All not-for-profit programs for school age youth
- Adult recreation organized by a not-for-profit group
- Not-for-profit educational organization adult programs
- Not-for-profit groups providing community services free of charge or cost recovery
- Rehearsals for not-for-profit adult theatrical presentations
- Charitable events & fundraising events
- Craft sales
- Cultural events
- Birthday parties
- Baby/wedding showers
- Private events
- Businesses including those charging for drama, art, music, dance, fitness, sports, etc.
- Church services and church activities (youth programs are exempt)
- Film productions
- Political organizations
- Religious events
- Theatrical presentations, concerts or events with ticket sales