At the Waterloo Region District School Board (WRDSB), we are doing our part to become more environmentally friendly. To achieve this, the WRDSB distributes all materials to schools electronically. This helps to reduce paper and printing expenses, and saves volunteer and staff hours.
External groups and organizations wishing to distribute information electronically to WRDSB schools are required to obtain authorization and an approval number prior to the materials being shared with our schools.
Criteria for Approval
All items shared with out community must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Materials must be of educational value and non-commercial in nature (from charitable or not-for-profit groups);
- Materials must promote physical or mental health and/or student well-being; and
- Material and programs/activities offered must be consistent with the Board’s Strategic Priorities
- Forward the request, along with an electronic copy (PDF) of the material to email@example.com
- All material and website links will be reviewed for content
- Confirmation of approval and an approval number will be provided to those approved for electronic posting
- Allow a minimum of 2 weeks for review and response
- Note: community related items (example: local bake sale/clothing drives) do not require system-wide approval. Principals may, at their discretion, agree to circulate/post this material for their individual school communities. Schools should be contacted directly for these requests
Due to the volume of requests received and availability of resources, the WRDSB is not able to guarantee the posting of information related to winter break, March break, statutory holidays or summer vacation without sufficient lead time. As schools are extremely busy during the month of June, the cut off date for submission of materials during the school year is June 1st.
These materials are neither sponsored nor endorsed by the Waterloo Region District School Board, the Director of Education, or any of its schools or service departments.