What is School-Day?
School-Day is an online cashless system for use by parents, teachers and office administrative staff. We are implementing School-Day to minimize the handling of cash by teachers and office staff, reduce paper, and streamline office efficiencies.
What’s in it for parents?
School-Day can be accessed from any web browser and gives parents real-time, secure access to up-to-date information, and the ability to:
- Complete on-line payments for trips or other activities
- Register your child for extra-curricular events
- Approve permission forms instantly on-line
- Sign up for parent/teacher interviews
- Update your mobile device with calendar events specific to your child
- Minimize the risks associated with sending money to school with your child (“backpack delivery”)
- Reduce the environmental impact of photocopying permission forms and announcements
How can I sign up for my child’s School-Day account?
Parent/Guardians must create an account, and link their child to their account. Multiple parents/guardians can be linked to the same student, and multiple students can be linked to a parent/guardian.
To link your child to your account, either of the following options can be used:
- Using the student’s OEN which can be found on report cards.
- Parents will create a School-Day account and then add their child by filling in their unique student information; School Board, School Name, Student’s Full Name, Student’s Date of Birth, OEN, Current Grade.
- Using a secure-match key code, which can be produced by the office staff at your child’s school.
- Parents will create a School-Day account and automatically add their child by entering the secure match key code, provided by the school.
Sign-in/sign-up for School-Day.
Is School-Day CASL-compliant?
Yes, School-Day is CASL-compliant. Because parents have signed up to have School-Day send them information on behalf of the school, the CASL regulations have been followed. Parents have the ability to opt out of School-Day emails at any time by adjusting their preferences in school-day.
- To adjust your settings or change your personal information, log in to school-day and select Edit My Account from the left side menu.
Why is the WRDSB adopting School-Day?
The WRDSB is adopting School-Day because we want to minimize the handling of cash by students, teachers and office staff, reduce paper, and streamline office efficiencies.
Will School-Day cost me anything?
Using School-Day does not cost parents anything. The only costs that parents have are for products and events from their child’s school.
Is there an additional cost to purchase items online?
We are legally obligated to advertise the same price for events and items whether individuals are making purchases online or paying by cash/cheque. The transaction fee is calculated into the cost provided by the school to the parents.
Every purchase made through School-Day is subject to a 4% transaction fee. This covers fees charged by credit card companies or Interac as well as the cost of the secure online portal. Depending on which type of card is used, and the amount of the transaction, the transaction fee may or may not cover the cost of the transaction. Any shortfall or residual funds are left with the school to support future purchases or activities that support students.
Can I email my child’s teacher through School-Day?
No, School-Day only supports one-way communication–from the school/teacher to parents. If you need to speak with your child’s teacher, please contact your teacher directly.