Reporting to the Director of Education, the Communication team is the first point of contact between the board and its stakeholder groups. The purpose of this department is to facilitate and support the communication of clear and accurate information about the board and its activities. This includes:
- Among schools, employees, trustees, parents, school councils, volunteers, and community
- Between the WRDSB and stakeholders/community partners in the Region of Waterloo
- Ensure strong engagement of divisions with the WRDSB, our schools and community
The Communication team is responsible for:
- Board website maintenance and development
- School and board event planning / support
- Media releases
- Media requests
- Crisis communications and issues management
- Visual identity guidelines
- Advertising and promotions
- Providing communications support for schools and staff
- Ensuring the tools meet the needs of the WRDSB, families and community
All media requests for the WRDSB must be made through the Communication team. This is to ensure accuracy of information and contact with the appropriate spokesperson. Please direct all media requests to 519-570-0003 x4204 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can follow us on Twitter @wrdsb for information on school events, board news, emerging issues, and information from our community partners. The WRDSB Twitter account is maintained by the Communications and Engagement Department, Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Please read our Twitter Protocol for more information.
Chief Communications Officer
519 570 0003 x4403
We look forward to ensuring first-class, two-way communication and creating an environment where all students, families and staff feel connected and welcome.