August 19th, 2021
The Waterloo Region District School Board (WRDSB) is pleased to announce that 57 of our schools were approved by Infrastructure Canada and the Ministry of Education to receive funding through the COVID-19 Resilience Infrastructure Stream – Education Related Projects (CVRIS-EDU) as part of Investing in Canada Infrastructure Program (ICIP). We are grateful for the support of both our federal and provincial partners in supporting our ongoing efforts to ensure safe and supportive learning environments for our students, staff and community. The WRDSB is actively working on 31 of these projects; the remaining projects have been deferred pending the Federal Government’s extension of the funding beyond December 31, 2021.
In total, the CVRIS-EDU projects will support up to $656M in projects in school boards across Ontario. In the WRDSB, this funding has allowed us to complete the following types of upgrades to our facilities:
- Installation of cooling and air conditioning
- Installation of mechanical ventilation
- Renewal and repair of existing heating, ventilation and air-conditioning systems
- Upgrading wireless access points
- Touch-free upgrades to washrooms
- Installation of water bottle filling stations
- Repair and replacement of windows to increase fresh air intake
We look forward to sharing more details on the progress of these projects in early September.
Learn more about this initiative
This project is funded in part by the Government of Canada.
This project is funded in part by the Government of Ontario.