October 6 2021 Fall Reminders for Families
Welcome back to another school year! We are pleased to welcome children and families back to Before & After school programs. Please be sure to check out our parent webpage here;
- Before & After School programs are closed on the November 19 professional development day so that educators can participate in professional learning activities.
- Before & After School programs will offer full-day camp programs at reduced locations for the non-statutory week of winter break (December 20, 21, 22, 23 and 24) from 7am to 6pm. We will update our website with a list of host locations in the coming weeks. Please verify your care schedule on OneList to ensure that your child’s care schedule is correct for this winter break camp week and note that schedule changes require two weeks notice.
Please take a moment to review our Before & After school frequently asked questions which includes an overview of our financial policy for COVID related absences;
We look forward to partnering with you in the care of your child this year, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you have.
August 2021 Update
Thank you for registering your child in the WRDSB Extended Day Program. As we prepare to welcome our students and staff back to school, their health, safety and well-being are our primary focus.
Health & Safety Protocols
Before and After school program educators look forward to welcoming your child back this school year with the following health and safety protocols in place;
- Reinforce masking and hand hygiene etiquette, as well as physical distancing for children, staff and parents / guardians entering the school
- Limit interactions between groups of children and staff/providers. Before and After school programs will continue to offer play based experiences. The Before and After school program groups may be different from the school day cohorts for your child
- Ask parents / guardians to ensure they complete the provincial COVID-19 school screening tool prior to attending the program
- Perform enhanced cleaning and disinfecting of the toys, equipment, and premises
- Increased outdoor time
- In the event that a parent drops off or picks up their child while the program is indoors and needs to enter the school then Parents / guardians will be required to;
- complete the Ontario Online School and Child Care Screening Tool, and;
- practice physical distancing, and;
- sanitize upon entering the school, and;
- sign their child in / out of the program (date / time), and;
- wear a mask
We thank you for your patience as we prepare for a new school year and plan for a safe and healthy return. We will continue to provide updates to families on our website; https://www.wrdsb.ca/beforeafter/
Schedule Changes and Invoicing
Please login to Region of Waterloo OneHSN to enter or review your care schedule. The deadline for schedule changes for the first day of school is Tuesday August 24, 2021. Invoices and attendance are based upon the online school year calendar populated in your child’s Onehsn account. Please view to ensure accuracy. Log into your WRDSB Onehsn account at regionofwaterloo.onehsn.com/wrdsb Click on “Update my child’s schedule” to view your child’s care schedule. Schedule changes must be made two weeks in advance by clicking on the individual day or using the date range option. Invoices will be issued monthly via email effective September 17, 2021.
Onehsn support 1-888-722-1540 email@example.com
Programs are offered from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday to Friday, designated PD Days, March Break and the non-statutory week at Christmas.
For the 2021-2022 School Year WRDSB Extended Day and Youth Development Programs will be closed on:
September 6, 2021 – Labour Day
October 11, 2021 – Thanksgiving
November 19, 2021 – Professional Development Day
December 27 – 31, 2021 – Winter Break Closure
February 21, 2022 – Family Day
April 15 & 18, 2022 – Good Friday and Easter Monday
May 23, 2022 – Victoria Day
June 28, 2022 – Professional Development Day
All of July and August
School closure announcements including before and after school program closures due to severe weather conditions, will be announced on the WRDSB website and/or to the following radio stations:
|KOOL-FM||FM 105.3||CKWR Kitchener||FM 98.5|
|MAGIC FM||FM 106.1||CHYM Kitchener||FM 96.7|
|570 News||AM 570||Dave FM||FM 107.5|
|Oldies 1090||AM 1090||Kicx||FM 106.7|
|Faith FM||FM 94.3||The Beat||FM 91.5|
|CTV Kitchener is also contacted||CBC Radio||FM 89.1|