Deadline: June 30, 2018
Sponsorship information and application form: NRSI Environmental Initiative Scholarship Application Form
Description of award
The NRSI Environmental Initiative Scholarship offers one $1000.00 award to a student in the Waterloo Region District School Board or Waterloo District Catholic School Board who has displayed academic commitment during his/her years of secondary school and plans to continue his/her education at a recognized post-secondary institution in the field of Biology, Ecology or
the Natural Environment.
Natural Resource Solutions Inc. is an environmental consulting company comprised of biologists with expertise in terrestrial, wetland and aquatic biology. We work to identify the significance and sensitivity of natural features, vegetation communities and wildlife. NRSI implements plans for the preservation, restoration and management of these. The NRSI Environmental Initiative Scholarship was developed to support students who have displayed keen interest in the natural environment and wish to further their studies in an environmental field.
- Have displayed high academic commitment and plan to continue their education, the following year, at a recognized post-secondary institution
- Show intent to continue on to post-secondary education in the field of Biology, Ecology or the Natural Environment
- Have maintained a grade average of 80% or higher in the current year of study, at the time of application
- Be living, within the boundaries of and attending secondary school in the Waterloo Region District School Board or the Waterloo District Catholic School Board at the time of application
- Be able to demonstrate involvement in community initiatives. Preference given for students who have involved themselves in a natural environment related initiative in their community
How to apply
Your completed application must include:
- a cover letter outlining your qualifications, including a description of related volunteer activities
- a letter of reference from one of your secondary school teachers
- a letter of reference from a community leader indicating your involvement in a community initiative
- a copy of your most recent academic transcript
- the completed application form found on the NRSI website
Please scan and email the documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line NRSI Scholarship, or mail your documents to:
Natural Resource Solutions Inc.
225 Labrador Drive, Unit 1
Waterloo, ON N2K 4M8
If you have any questions please contact NRSI.