Deadline: July 15
Website: Caribbean Canadian Association of Waterloo Region – Scholarship Program
Description of the Award
The Vincent Smith Memorial Scholarship was launched in 2019 and is the CCAWRs premier scholarship that is an award valued up to $3,000.00. It pays tribute to the late Vincent Smith, who had a tremendous impact on our community. He was a community organizer, teacher, and a man of faith that touched many lives in our community, particularly youth. This CCAWR scholarship may be awarded to an individual who demonstrates strong community service, leadership, and involvement in education.
- Must be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada. Supporting documentation may be requested.
- Must be of Caribbean heritage (self, parent or grandparent) from any CARICOM nation.
- Residency in the Region of Waterloo
- a. Must reside in the Region of Waterloo
- b. Or have attended at least 1 year at an accredited College, University, or Post- Secondary Institution in the Region of Waterloo.
- Must be studying or accepted for study towards a diploma, degree, or certificate in any field at any accredited College, University, or Post-Secondary Institution.
- For our undergraduate awards (open to high school or undergraduate students):
- a. Applicants must be 17 to 25 years of age as of the end of September of the year the scholarship is granted.
- b. May be either a graduating (or graduated) high school student, or a student currently enrolled in University, College, or an accredited post-secondary institution.
- c. High school student applicants must have graduated or be scheduled to graduate from an accredited high school (public or private) before submitting their application.
- Good academic standing.
How to Apply
Visit their website for application instructions.