The International Baccalaureate (IB) is a rigorous program based on international academic standards. The program encourages students to pursue their interests, develop skills for the future and inspire global citizenship.
What can students expect from the IB programme?
- Students develop critical thinking and independent learning skills to prepare them for their university journey
- Skills developed in IB will help students experience success as they transition into their first year of university. Retention rates in university are much higher for IB students than for students with a traditional high school diploma.
- Students experience a sense of belonging with like-minded learners
- The IB programme is suited for motivated students. IB students will work alongside peers who also share a curiosity and commitment to learning in and outside the classroom
- Students create meaningful experiences beyond the classroom
- Students complete a variety of extracurricular activities and community service to encourage learning through experiences.
The IB programme is offered through two centrally located WRDSB Secondary Schools:
- Cameron Heights Collegiate Institute, 301 Charles St. E. Kitchener (Map)
- Glenview Park Secondary School, 55 McKay St. Cambridge (Map)
An application package for this program is completed in grade 8. For more information on the IB programme please visit the above school’s websites or contact:
Cameron Heights CI – Julie_Neeb@wrdsb.ca
Glenview Park SS – Colleen_Caplin@wrdsb.ca