Record and Transcript Requests

We will process requests for certified copies of transcripts of students who previously attended a Waterloo Region District School Board secondary school or adult learning centre.

What does a transcript provide?

  • As per the Ontario Student Transcript Manual, 2013, a transcript is the official record of a student’s academic achievement within Ontario.
  • Transcripts provide proof of graduation, as well as a list of all courses and marks received.

Current WRDSB Students

If you are a current Waterloo Region secondary school student, or the parent/guardian of a secondary school student who is not an adult (17 years of age or younger), please contact the student’s secondary school Guidance Department to request student records.

Former WRDSB Students

If you are a former Waterloo Region secondary school student and want to order certified copies of transcripts, please refer to the following instructions:

Processing Fees


Fee $15.00 for the first copy, and $5.00 for each additional copy order on one request form.

Processing Times

Please allow 2 weeks (plus mailing time) for processing of your order. Orders are sent out using Canada Post.

Letter of Graduation (must be ordered with a transcript)

The letter will indicate the name of the diploma received upon graduation and the date of graduation. The letter will be signed and sealed.

Fee: $25.00 per copy.

Processing Times

Issued within 15 to 20 business days (plus mailing time) after request and payment received.

Important Information

  • We cannot release any student information over the phone.
  • We cannot process a transcript request if the last secondary school or adult learning centre you attended was not with the Waterloo Region District School Board.
  • Student records are confidential. If the student is over 18 years of age, records can only be issued with written student consent.
  • Any discrepancies in courses or marks must be resolved by your home school. The Privacy and Records Office will not change information on transcripts.
  • The Privacy and Records Office will not print report cards. Contact your home school regarding these documents.

If you are a former student and are applying online to an Ontario university or college, the fastest way to receive your transcript is to order it through the Ontario University Application Centre (OUAC) or Ontario College Application Service (OCAS). Please note:

  • If you left school prior to 2002 you will not have an Ontario Education Number (OEN). Enter 9 zeroes in the OEN if you do not have an assigned number.
  • If you graduated this year and completed credits during summer school, those marks/credits will be electronically transmitted from your home school to OCAS and OUAC after mid-August.
  • You will be able to track the on-line status of your application and transcript request through your OUAC/OCAS account.

Contact Us

Waterloo Region District School Board
Privacy and Records Office
51 Ardelt Avenue
Kitchener, ON N2C 2R5
Phone: 519-570-0003 ext. 4343
Fax: 519-570-5572

Hours of Operation

School Year (September to June): Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (closed statutory holidays)

Summer Break (July and August): Monday to Thursday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (closed statutory holidays and Fridays)