August 31st, 2016
As our education system kicks off the 2016-2017 school year, we are excited to share that eight WRDSB students are winners of the Ontario Principals’ Council (OPC) scholarship award! Congratulations to:
- Tara DeBoer of Grand River Collegiate Institute
- Julie Enns of Kitchener-Waterloo Collegiate & Vocational School
- Emma Hatcher of Sir John A. MacDonald Secondary School
- Robert Leung of Waterloo Collegiate Institute
- Conrad Lovell of Grand River Collegiate Institute
- Samuel McCuaig of Grand River Collegiate Institute
- Kogan Shantz of Waterloo-Oxford District Secondary School
- Erin Wilson of Galt Collegiate & Vocational School
The students received their awards at the WRDSB System Leaders’ Meeting on August 31, 2016 from Chairperson Kathleen Woodcock, John Bryant, director of education, and Tina Rowe, vice-principal of Eastwood Collegiate Institute.
On behalf of the WRDSB, we wish them all the best in their post-secondary studies!
About the OPC Scholarship
Each year, the OPC scholarship is available to children of full OPC members that are graduating from secondary school. They also must demonstrate excellence in academics, be involved in extra-curricular activities within their school, and contribute to their broader communities through volunteer work.
The scholarships are awarded and funded through the local OPC executive, who also review the applications.
Categories: Board · Feature · Learning · Schools Tags: chairperson · Director of Education · Galt Collegiate and Vocational Institute · Grand River Collegiate Institute · Kathleen Woodcock · Kitchener-Waterloo Collegiate Institute & Vocational School · Ontario Principals' Council (OPC) · scholarship · Sir John A. Macdonald Secondary School · Waterloo Collegiate Institute · Waterloo-Oxford District Secondary School