Public Meeting #2 – West Waterloo Elementary Schools Boundary Study
September 28th, 2015
We want your input on potential boundary changes! You are invited to attend the 2nd Public Meeting of the West Waterloo Elementary Schools Boundary Study.
Date: Tuesday, October 6, 2015
Time: 7:00 – 8:30 p.m.
Location: Abraham Erb Public School Gymnasium, 710 Laurelwood Drive, Waterloo
The West Waterloo Elementary Schools Boundary Study involves Abraham Erb PS, Cedarbrae PS, Centennial PS (Waterloo), Edna Staebler PS, Laurelwood PS, Mary Johnston PS, and Vista Hills PS (new September 2016). The goal of this study is to establish the boundary for the new Vista Hills PS and address the program and accommodation needs of the West Waterloo community. The objectives of the study include:
- Increasing the number of classes instructed in permanent classrooms.
- Providing equitable learning opportunities for students and staff by using the school size criteria outlined in Board Policy 3002 – Elementary School Size and Configuration.
- Increasing the number of students within a safe walking distance to their assigned school.
PURPOSE OF THE PUBLIC MEETING
- To share and gather feedback on the preferred school boundary options and school organizations for all seven schools.
- To share and gather feedback on the proposed timing and implementation of the changes.
- To answer questions and discuss concerns from parents and members of the community.
It is important to note that no decisions have been made and no changes will happen before September 2016.
The meeting will consist of a short presentation, followed by an Open House. The presentation will begin at 7:00 p.m. Board staff will be available to discuss the options being presented and answer questions.
Including agendas, presentations and minutes of the Boundary Study Working Group can be obtained by visiting http://goo.gl/HozzEC or by contacting the Board’s Planning Department at 519 570-0003 x4419.
Comments related to this study can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org (please indicate “West Waterloo” in the subject line).
Categories: Board · Planning · Schools Tags: Abraham Erb Public School · boundary study · Cedarbrae Public School · Centennial Public School (Waterloo) · Edna Staebler Public School · Laurelwood Public School · Mary Johnston Public School · Vista Hills Public School