March 29th, 2018
safeTALK is training that prepares participants, 15 years of age or older, to become a suicide-alert helper.
Most people with thoughts of suicide don’t truly want to die, but are struggling with pain in their lives. Through their words and actions, they invite help to stay alive. safeTALK-trained helpers can recognize these invitations and take action by connecting them with life-saving intervention resources.
We have two free safeTALK training opportunities:
- Wednesday, May 9 at GRCI: 6-9 p.m. Register online
- Thursday, May 10 at KCI: 6-9 p.m. Register online
By the end of the training, participants will be better able to:
- move beyond common tendencies to miss, dismiss or avoid suicide
- identify people who have thoughts of suicide
- apply the TALK steps (Tell, Ask, Listen and KeepSafe) to connect a person with thoughts of suicide to a suicide first aid intervention caregiver