December 15th, 2015
Staff and students at Lackner Woods Public School know the importance of helping others, which is why they were involved in a week-long charitable event called, Week of Giving. The holiday season can be hard for many families and individuals in the Waterloo Region, so they decided to do what they can to help those in need.
For the past four years, students have been invited to donate specific items based on each day’s theme:
- Book Day Monday – donation of new books
- Baby Day Tuesday – donation of baby items (infant clothing, toys, dippers, formula, etc.)
- Food Bank Wednesday – donation of non-perishable or canned food items
- Toonie/Loonie Thursday – money donation to help buy gifts
- Unwrapped Toy Friday – donation of a new, unwrapped toy
With the amazing support of the Lackner Woods PS community, the school collected 400 books, 300 baby items, more than 40 boxes of non-perishable food items, 256 gifts AND $1,560 in money donations! What an amazing contribution you can make, Lackner Woods PS! You have the ability to put a smile on so many peoples’ faces.
We are so proud to have so many caring people in our community – it’s the gift that keeps on giving!
Categories: Community · Inspiration · Schools Tags: Anselma House · Lackner Woods Public School · School of the Day · student engagement · The Food Bank of Waterloo Region · Tree of Angels · Week of Giving