Full-time volunteer football coach needed at Huron Heights SS
September 6th, 2018
Huron Heights Secondary School (HHSS) is looking for a full-time volunteer coach for their senior boys’ football team, until the conclusion of the season, which could be until November 30, 2018.
Coaching a sports team can be a very rewarding experience, not only for the coaching staff but for the players, their families, friends and the school community. This is your opportunity to inspire young student-athletes, provide an experience that builds character and allows our students to explore their passion of football in a fun and safe atmosphere.
- Available daily, Monday to Friday, from 2:30 to 5:30 pm (practices and games). On occasion, depending on special games and field availability, games could start as early as 11:00 am or as late as 8:00 pm.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the sport, skills and strategies to the principal or designate.
- Must be knowledgeable of the Ontario Physical Education Safety Guidelines concussion protocol or school board concussion protocol.
- Must be trained in the National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) Safe Contact module every five (5) years. This coach must be present to supervise all contact drills and all competitions.
- Must have qualifications which are derived from at least one of the following:
- NCCP Community Sport Coach – Novice Coach Course.
- Trained in any of the NCCP Football Courses – Positional Coach, Coordinator, Head Coach.
- Coaches that have in the past completed a level 1, 2, 3 or 4 certification (Football Canada will have transferred these designations into the current NCCP designations).
- Attendance at a tackle football clinic or workshop, provided by an instructor who is knowledgeable of the activity and where safety is addressed, within the last five years) that is recognized as NCCP Professional Development.
- Accreditation as a NCCP Learning Facilitator for Football.
- Past experience within the last 3 years as a coach in tackle football, having knowledge of the activity (e.g., appropriate skills and progressions) and current safety practices as outlined in the Ontario Physical Education Safety Guidelines.
- Any volunteer (non-WRDSB staff) coach for a Waterloo County Secondary School Athletic Association (WCSSAA) team must compete the specified Board Concussion training. Volunteers are responsible for submitting the Proof of Concussion Training for Volunteer Coaches form to the principal via their respective staff sponsor.
- Prior to volunteering, submit an original copy of a Police Vulnerable Sector Check (PVSC) if supervising students that are not in direct proximity of a staff member or if deemed necessary by the principal. The volunteer is responsible for the cost of the PVSC.
- Adhere to established board and school procedures, including the School Code of Conduct.
- Be responsible to the principal and work under the supervision of the teaching staff.
- Work cooperatively with the school team.
- Respect confidentiality; ensure staff issues and student work and behaviour issues are held in confidence.
- Be prompt, dependable and regular in attendance and give advance notice to teachers when unable to attend.
If you or anyone you know would like to provide this athletic opportunity to our students, please email Huron Heights SS principal Jeff Klinck at email@example.com.
Deadline to apply is Friday, September 7 at 4:00 pm.