Many families and caregivers told us they want more chances to give input and make decisions about their children’s education. To increase engagement, we will host more events with the Parent Involvement Committee (PIC), Waterloo Region Assembly of Public School Councils (WRAPSC) and other groups.
Setting Goals for Consultation
We aim to host at least three consultations per year to engage with families and caregivers in the community. They will include:
- One event hosted through PIC
- One through co-facilitation with community partners
- At least one consultation related to a priority or decision to be made for the Board Improvement and Equity Plan (BIEP)
In-person consultations will be hosted in community environments as much as possible, such as:
- Community organization buildings
- Community centers
- Religious spaces
This will aim to make consultations more accessible and bring in a diversity of families and caregivers.
The purpose of this consultation strategy is to:
- Increase the public presence of the WRDSB and build rapport with families and caregivers who may not typically engage with the us
- Increase awareness of timely education decisions