Who is Not Eligible for Refund?
NO refunds will be granted in the following circumstances:
- If the Study Permit is denied by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) due to missing documents or incomplete paperwork
- If the student chooses to withdraw for any reason after a Study Permit has been granted using the official Letter of Acceptance
- After commencement of studies
- If the student does not follow the International Student Agreement and is asked to leave the school
- In the event of a labour disruption, inclement weather or other issues beyond the control of the Board
- If the student or parent changes immigration status during the year, no refund will be granted. Students who become Permanent Residents after tuition is paid will not be eligible for a refund.
Who is Eligible for Refund?
A refund will be provided if the student is unable to obtain a Study Permit from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). There is a $500 non-refundable administration fee for each student application. Please allow 4-6 weeks for processing approved refunds.
To obtain a refund, the parent/custodian must provide the following within 60 days from the issue date of the letter of refusal from IRCC:
- A copy of the letter of rejection from the Canadian Embassy
- A copy of the WRDSB tuition receipt
- A letter that is written and signed by a parent asking for a refund.
Please note that it will take 4-6 weeks to process an approved refund.