When To Arrive
Please arrive at least 2-3 weeks before the beginning of the school semester so that you can finish your registration. We do not want you to miss any of your classes.
When you know your arrival date, please email International Admissions so that we can schedule your appointments. Bookings are made on a first-come-first-served basis.
Documents You Will Need
Please have the following original documents ready when you arrive:
- Canadian Study Permit
- Passport (including landing stamp from Canadian Customs)
- Immunization records
- School transcripts and report cards
- Proof of your home address in Waterloo Region (rental agreement, utility bill, etc.)
You will need to complete these 3 appointments before you can start school:
1. International Admissions Intake
First you will meet us at the International Admissions Office. We are located at the WRDSB Education Centre at 51 Ardelt Avenue, Kitchener.
We will ask you and your Custodian to sign the Student Agreement and answer any question that you may have.
Please bring your Study Permit, your passport and proof of your address in Waterloo Region.
2. English and Math Assessment
Next you will complete the WRDSB English Language and Math Assessment.
The assessment results help us decide if you will take any English as a Second Language (ESL) courses. Our goal is to make sure that you take the most suitable courses so that you will succeed academically.
Students taking ESL courses will attend 1 of our high schools that offer this program:
- Eastwood Collegiate Institute (Kitchener)
- Forest Heights Collegiate Institute (Kitchener)
- Galt Collegiate Institute (Cambridge)
- Waterloo Collegiate Institute (Waterloo)
School placement is determined based on ESL needs and your home address in Waterloo Region. Search your address on the School Finder website.
At the end of the Assessment we will give you your Official Letter of Admission
3. Registration at Your School
Your final appointment before starting classes will be with your Guidance Counsellor at your school. At this time you will register and choose your courses.
Make sure you bring your Letter of Admission, proof of your address in Waterloo Region, and your school transcripts.