Do you have a Work Permit, Study Permit, or Refugee Claimant Document? Are you waiting for confirmation of Permanent Residency or Citizenship? Your child may be eligible for fee-exempt status with the Waterloo Region District School Board.
Learn about the eligibility requirements and what documents are required before you can register your child at their school.
How to Apply
1. Review our Requirements
Read the Immigration Status Requirements. Make sure you meet the requirements and understand which documents you will need to provide.
2. Apply Online
Complete our online International Admissions Application Form once your child is living in Waterloo Region and you have all of the required documents.
Please note: Applications are processed in the order in which they are received. Applying before your child arrives will not help them to start school sooner.
Having trouble? Contact us at email@example.com
3. Upload Required Documents
After you submit the International Admissions application, you will immediately receive an automatic email. The email will include your file number (AF number) and will have a link to upload the required documents. After you have uploaded all required documents, we will review your application within 3-5 business days. Processing may take longer during high volume times such as school start up.
How to upload documents:
- Take a picture of your documents with a phone or scan them
- Follow the instructions in the email to upload the pictures to your application with a phone or a computer
4. Schedule an Appointment Online
After we review your application we will send you an email to schedule an appointment. Please choose a time that is convenient for you.
During the appointment we will:
- Review the original required documents
- Review proof of your address in Waterloo Region. Please bring a lease or rental agreement, purchase agreement, utility bill, or bank statement. We cannot use a driver’s license. Without proof of address we will not be able to complete the meeting
- After final approval we will issue a Letter of Admission for your child
After we have provided a letter of admission, you can finalize the registration at your child’s school.