Fischer-Hallman/Huron Boundary Study (Elementary)
This study commenced in September 2017.
Please note that documents provided below may not be available in an accessible format. If you require assistance, please contact the Planning Department
- to set a boundary for the new school at 335 Seabrook Drive, Kitchener (under construction, to be named)
- to reduce portables at Jean Steckle Public School
- to make a plan for students who have to change schools
The study area includes homes in the Huron South and Wildflowers communities. More detail is also shown on the Fischer-Hallman/Huron study area map.
Schools of focus:
- Jean Steckle Public School
- New Public Elementary School at 335 Seabrook Drive, Kitchener
Holding schools (no boundary changes proposed):
Public meeting announcements, presentations & minutes
This study will have a minimum of two public meetings.
Public meeting #1
- Tuesday, October 24, 2017 from 7:00 – 8:30 p.m. at Jean Steckle Public School
Public Meeting #2
- November 2017 (date to be determined)
Working Group meeting agendas and minutes
Working Group meetings are not public. Non-members can attend by invitation only.
We post minutes after approval at the next Working Group meeting (this can take up to 2-3 weeks). Thank you for your patience.
Working Group meeting #1
Working Group meeting #2
- Tuesday, October 10, 2017 from 3:30 – 5:00 p.m.
Working Group meeting #3
- Tuesday, October 24, 2017 from 3:30 – 4:30 p.m.
Working Group meeting #4
- Tuesday, November 7, 2017 from 3:30 – 5:00 p.m.
2017-2018 school boundaries
These maps show the school boundaries today:
- Jean Steckle Public School attendance area map
- Laurentian Public School attendance area map
- Queen Elizabeth Public School attendance area map
- Southridge Public School attendance area map
- May 15, 2017 Accommodation Planning 2017-2018 Report (approval to start the study)
- Board Policies:
- 4012 – School Attendance Areas
- 3002 – Elementary School Size and Configuration
- Administrative Procedures:
- 4991 – Boundary Studies
- 4260 – Student Transportation
- 4992 – Temporary Accommodation for Development Areas
- French Immersion Program FAQ
- Bookmark this page and check back regularly for updates
- Attend public meetings
- Talk to someone on the Working Group
- Email your Trustees
- Contact WRDSB Planning staff:
- Email planning (please put Fischer-Hallman/Huron in the subject line)
- Phone: 519-570-0003 ext. 4419
- Mail: 51 Ardelt Ave, Kitchener, ON N2C 2R5 (attention: Planning Department)