Registration requires FOUR weeks notice before a child can begin attending the program.
There are times when more than four weeks notice may be required before a child can begin attending the program, for example if we need to hire educators to support the program. You may be placed on a wait list if space is not available, if so, spaces will be offered to those on the waiting list in priority order of application date in OneList.
For the safety of your child(ren), and in order to provide consistency for children and the Extended Day Program, the WRDSB recommends regular and consistent schedules for Care. Children may attend all five days per week, before and/or after school Extended Day Programs, or any combination there of.
We recognize at times changes need to be made, however we request a minimal number of changes occur throughout the year. We require two weeks advance notice for schedule changes. Invoices are based upon the days of care scheduled in Onehsn/Onelist.
- Log in to regionofwaterloo.onehsn.com/wrdsb
- Choose “Update Your Child’s Schedule” to view the calendar of care or change the schedule.
- You will see the registered days of care for the whole school year. If changes are required please choose “Change Schedule”.
- Using the date range, select the start and end of the week(s) you wish to make changes to. Otherwise your change will be reflected until the end of the year.
- Select or unselect the checkboxes for the day or days of the week that you wish to change during the time period selected.
- Revisit the calendar to verify that the changes are accurate!
If you encounter problems, please contact Onehsn / Onelist support at email@example.com or 1-888-722-1540 (Mon to Fri 8 to 5).
Download these schedule change instructions.
To ensure accurate billing, it is the Parents/Guardians responsibility to log in periodically to the online registration system to ensure their child’s attendance schedule is accurate as invoices are based upon the days of care scheduled in Onehsn/Onelist.
Applying for Subsidy
All of our Before and After School Programs are eligible for subsidy, through The Region of Waterloo.
For subsidy information please visit the Region’s Child Care Subsidy Calculator or call 519-575-4400.
Child Care and Taxes
The Revenue Canada Information About Child Care Expenses and the corresponding Interpretation Bulletin have a number of pertinent sections highlighted for information. These sections form the basis for this response, based on the taxation year of 2011.
By registering on this website and/or completing and sending the information to register your child(ren) for Before and After School Programs, you acknowledge and agree that this information may be shared with staff of the WRDSB, the Region of Waterloo and third-party service providers who may be offering Before and After School Programs within our schools. The sharing of this information is necessary in order to administer Before and After School Programs.