There is a lot of research about how important physical activity is for our body but also for our mind and our spirit. It helps our physical health but also our mood, our thinking, our behaviour, our sleep, and so much more!
But physical activity doesn’t just mean long, hard workouts or doing sports. Physical activity just means moving our bodies more and more often.
The goal for this week: Get Moving
- Spend at least five minutes each day this week doing something that moves your body.
- Pick things that you find fun. Be safe. Try to get your heart pumping and your breathing faster.
- Do the same physical activity each day or pick different activities.
- Spend longer than five minutes doing an activity or do several five-minute activities at different times during the day.
- Remember physical distancing.
- It’s up to you!
Here are some ideas
- Go outside for a walk:
- in your neighbourhood
- at a park
- on a trail or in nature
- Put on your favourite music and have a dance party. Or pick one of these videos and dance, dance away:
- Do jumping jacks, squat jumps, burpees, pushups, crunches, stretching, run on the spot
- Go outside and do running, jumping, skipping
- Shoot baskets, bounce a ball, shoot pucks, play catch
- Go swimming
- Go for a bike ride
- Do “Go noodle” or other online movement activities or workouts:
Check out more options at:
Categories: Psychology Services