Long-Term Accommodation Plan
What is the LTAP?
The Long-Term Accommodation Plan (LTAP) is a document showing how well used and how well kept they our school are (their condition). Using this information, the LTAP suggests ways to deal with utilization issues over the short-term (one to five years) and long-term (six to ten years).
- January 22, 2018 Draft Long-Term Accommodation Plan (LTAP) Report to Committee of the Whole
- Draft Long-Term Accommodation Plan – January 22, 2018
Why is it important?
The LTAP helps us to prioritize projects for funding. Before considering any accommodation (school closure) reviews, we need a plan. It will inform administration, local municipalities, stakeholders, and the public. It will help guide decisions on how we can best meet the needs of students today and in the future.
We will use the short- and long-term recommendations to draft a work plan for the next ten years. The proposals in the LTAP are only potential solutions. Following an open and transparent review process, the final decision regarding these matters rests with the elected Board of Trustees.
What’s in the plan?
This plan identifies where we should consider:
- building new schools,
- building additions,
- changing attendance boundaries (through a boundary study process),
- closing schools (through a pupil accommodation review process), and/or
- developing partnerships.
It also highlights how well we maintain our schools.
We invite you to join us at our Public Meeting Open House:
Thursday, January 25, 2018
6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Waterloo Region District School Board – Education Centre (Atrium)
51 Ardelt Avenue, Kitchener
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
Not able to attend?
You can submit your questions and comments about the draft LTAP to email@example.com by January 31, 2018.
Some suggestions for feedback:
- What is missing from the draft LTAP?
- What changes should we make for the final document?
- What do you like/dislike about the draft LTAP?
- To what extent do you agree or disagree with the list of short- and medium-term