Do you have a Work Permit, Study Permit, or Refugee Claimant Document? Are you waiting for confirmation of Permanent Residency or Citizenship? Your child may be eligible for fee-exempt status with the Waterloo Region District School Board.
Learn about the eligibility requirements and what documents are required before you can register your child at their school.
How to Apply
1. Review our Requirements
Read the Immigration Status Requirements. Make sure you meet the requirements and understand which documents you will need to provide.
Our online application forms are supported by Chrome, Firefox 3.5 and higher, Internet Explorer 7 and higher, Opera, and Safari (Mac only).
2. Apply Online
Fill in the Online International Admissions Application when your child arrives in Waterloo Region.
Applying before your child arrives arrive will not help them to start school sooner.
3: Upload Required Documents
When you submit the online application we will immediately send you an automatic email. The email will include your file number (AF number) and tell you how to upload the required documents. After you have uploaded all required documents we will review your application within 1-3 business days.
How to upload documents:
- Take a picture of your documents with a phone or scan them
- Follow the instructions in the email to upload the pictures to your application with a phone or a computer
Having trouble? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
4: Schedule an Appointment Online
When we approve your application we will send you an email to schedule an appointment. Please choose a time that is convenient for you.
At the appointment we will:
- Review the original copies of your required documents
- Review proof of your address in Waterloo Region. A rental agreement, energy bill, phone bill, or bank statement are acceptable. We cannot use a driver’s license
- Issue a Letter of Admission for your child
After these 4 steps are taken you will be able to complete the registration at your child’s school.