Disposition of Surplus School Sites/Land
Properties for sale – open market
There are no properties for public sale at this time.
When available, the Board sells property in one of two ways:
- Through public tender, or
- Through a realtor.
To receive notification when properties are for sale, please do the following:
- Email: Procurement@wrdsb.ca
- Subject line: “I wish to be contacted about surplus property”
- Body: indicate specific properties of interest, or state “all properties,” and provide your contact information
We will make every effort to communicate to those who request notification.
When the Board decides it no longer needs a property, we may declare it surplus. To offer surplus property for sale or lease, we must follow rules set out in the Education Act. These rules are in Ontario Regulation 444/98 – Disposition of Surplus Real Property. Under this regulation:
- Boards first offer surplus property to a list of preferred agencies.
- These organizations have at least 90 days to express interest and/or present an offer. It may take an additional 90 days to formalize an offer (180-day period).
- If there are no successful offers, the Board may request permission to sell on the open market.
Properties in circulation
The following properties are in circulation to preferred agencies under Ontario Regulation 444/98 – Disposition of Surplus Real Property:
- Rosemount Public School, Kitchener (Negotiating offer from first 90-day circulation period: May 1, 2017 – July 31, 2017)
- Land located at Fischer-Hallman Road, Kitchener (Negotiating offer from first 90-day circulation period: May 1, 2017 – July 31, 2017)