How do I get my Transcript?

Automated Electronic Upload

Former students, whose last school was a secondary school or an adult learning centre under our jurisdiction, who wish to enter post-secondary education in Ontario, will now have their transcript uploaded electronically as part of the application process.

STOP! If you are a current secondary school student, your marks are automatically uploaded to OUAC and OCAS by your high school. You will receive one complimentary copy of your transcript upon graduation.

Online Applications to Ontario Universities or Colleges

If you are a former student of the Waterloo Region District School Board (or the Waterloo County Board of Education), and are applying online to an Ontario university or college through OUAC (Ontario University Application Centre) or OCAS (Ontario College Application Service), you must order your transcript as part of their online registration process. Through this process, your marks will be forwarded automatically to all the institutions to which you are applying.

When applying to university or college through the OUAC or OCAS website, the Board’s standard transcript fee will be added to your application fee and will be processed via the payment options available (i.e., credit card).

Note: You will not have an Ontario Education Number (OEN) if you left school prior to 2002. Enter zeroes in the OEN field if you do not have an assigned number.

You will be able to track on-line the status of your application and transcript request through your OUAC/OCAS account.

Manual Process for Paper Transcripts

We manually process requests for certified copies of transcripts for former students who require a paper copy for some other purpose (e.g. employment or post-secondary institutions outside of Ontario).

Please fill in a Transcript Request form and speak to someone in the Guidance department of your last high school for further instructions. If it is summer time and your high school is closed, contact the Education Centre at 519-570-0300. There will be a charge to obtain the transcript. You will have to prove your identity before any documents are released to you.


We cannot produce a complete transcript if the last secondary school or adult learning centre you attended was located:

Summer School Mark Processing

Summer school marks are processed within 10 business days after the completion of summer school. Report cards will be sent to the student’s home school, and can be obtained there.

If proof of mark is required prior to the day school staffs’ return, marks can be obtained after the 10 business days by coming to:

Alternative and Continuing Education
151 Weber Street South, Waterloo
Monday to Thursday
9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.

Students must bring photo I.D. and must pick up the marks in person.

Student records are subject to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. If the former student is now 18 years of age or over, a parent or guardian may not request or receive a transcript without written authorization from the student. Contact the last secondary school attended or email the Board’s Freedom of Information, Privacy and Records Information Management Officer for more information.