Who belongs to OSSTF
We have 5 OSSTF bargaining units:
- OSSTF Teachers represent Secondary Teachers and Occasional Teachers.
- Custodial and Maintenance Association (CAMA) represent custodial and maintenance staff in both elementary and secondary schools
- Educational Support Staff (ESS), represent secretaries, IT support staff, Human Resources Support Staff, Finance Support Staff and Facilities Services Supervisors)
- Professional Student Services Personnel (PSSP) represent Psychologists, Social Workers, Speech and Language Pathologists, Communicative Disorder Assistant staff
- Supervision Monitors and Cafeteria Assistants (SMACA) represent elementary supervision monitors, secondary hall monitors and cafeteria assistants.
What happens if I have an event being held at a WRDSB school the night of December 4 (eg: rentals, school performances, etc.)?
All events scheduled for December 4, including rental permits, are cancelled. Rental groups should contact their event organizer for information on a rescheduled date, if applicable.
What does this mean for before and after school programs (WRDSB-operated and third-party)?
ALL WRDSB Before and After School childcare programs, Extended Day Childcare programs, Early ON Centres and third-party provided childcare centres located in WRDSB schools will close on December 4.
Will I still have to pay for childcare because of the closure?
All program fees for WRDSB operated before and after programs and extended day programs will be waived. Families will need to contact their third-party providers directly for information relating to fees.
What about a semi-formal that will be held off-site at a banquet hall that night. Is it cancelled?
All school events scheduled for December 4 are cancelled. Please contact your school directly for information on a rescheduled date.
Because some members of the OSSTF union work in elementary schools, will elementary schools see any impact to this event?
Yes. All elementary schools, including senior elementary schools, will close on December 4 if there is a one-day strike action.
Do you know when the cut off is for reaching an agreement?
The deadline for reaching an agreement is 11:59pm on December 3. However, it is possible that negotiations can continue during the night. We will communicate with families at 5am on December 4 as to whether or not schools will be open or closed.