February 13th, 2020
The Ontario Secondary School Teachers Federation (OSSTF) and the Elementary Teachers Federation of Ontario (ETFO) announced that on Friday, February 21, their members will engage in a full withdrawal of services (strike-action) across the province.
In WRDSB, OSSTF represents secondary school teachers as well as a number of other education workers. Education workers include our school secretaries, custodial maintenance staff that work in all of our schools, and our Education Centre staff. OSSTF represents the following groups: Secondary Teachers and Occasional Teachers (TBU), Custodial and Maintenance (CAMA), Educational Support Staff (ESS), Professional Student Services Personnel (PSSP), and Supervision Monitors and Cafeteria Assistants (SMACA).
ETFO represents elementary teachers, elementary occasional teachers and designated early childhood educators.
On February 21, 2020:
- ALL SCHOOLS, both elementary and secondary will be closed to students.
- ALL before and after school child care programs, extended day child care programs, EarlyON Centres and child care centres located in WRDSB schools will close.
- ALL extracurricular activities scheduled for February 21, 2020, are cancelled.
- ALL rental permits (community use of schools) are cancelled effective February 1, 2020, until further notice.
All schools will reopen and resume their regular routines on Monday, February 24, 2020.
As changes to job action can happen at any time, it is important to stay tuned and stay informed. For information updates please:
- Visit our Labour website and subscribe to receive updates;
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Use the Labour Updates button on the WRDSB and school websites
We understand that job action is frustrating for families, students and staff. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.