Open Space Technology
The Principles of Open Space Technology (Harrison Owen, 1985):
- Whoever comes are the right people
- Whatever happens is the only thing that could have
- Whenever it starts is the right time
- When it’s over, it’s over
At CATC by the Water your learning is supported and facilitated by fellow teachers. We are there to help you learn what you need to learn. Your facilitators will start you where you need to start and help you get to where you need to go. Camp technicians are always available to ensure that the technology you need is working well.
The Law of Two Feet
You are responsible for your own learning. You choose where you start, what you want to learn about and when you want to move. When you have learned what you need to learn in one area use your two feet and choose another area where you can learn and contribute.
The following learning supports are in place for you at CATC by the Water:
- Teachers and instructional leaders as facilitators, knowledgeable about technology and teaching practice
- Facilitators with a breadth of knowledge about related technologies and their use in learning
Facilitator to camper ratio of no higher than 1:4
- ITS technicians are available to help you solve technical problems
- Full technical support from Information Technology Services, in cooperation with Georgian College
- Equipment and resources available for loan
- A comfortable and flexible learning environment
Learn more about TPACK – the sweet spot where a teacher’s content, pedagogical and technological knowledge intersect to enrich student learning.